CRISTIANO RONALDO SEARCH


Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ronaldo defends trickery

Ronaldo defends trickery

Manchester United ace Cristiano Ronaldo has rejected claims that his array of trickery both during warm-ups and in matches is simply showboating.

Ronaldo, 21, has often courted criticism for his on-pitch actions, but rather than performing his variety of tricks and turns to merely show off, the Portugal international claims he is playing the only way he knows how.

"I cannot help caressing the ball or enjoying juggling," he said in an extract from his new book 'Moments'.

"I used to do it when I played in the street, I kept on doing it all throughout my training and I still do it now. And I will keep on doing it.

"This is the real Ronaldo. I believe that when people see me on the pitch playing with the ball before the beginning of the warm-up, they may be tempted to think that this is nothing but a charm offensive or showing off.

"If this is what you think then you are wrong, because I do it naturally. Before matches, both for the club and when I play for Portugal, I always have the same routine.

"I do it just for pleasure, but there is also another reason - to put an end to any tension before the match.

"This is the way I have of motivating myself, of relieving the pressure of the match, of calming down, of pre-occupying myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

CRISTIANO RONALDO

MY FAVORITE BLOGS