CRISTIANO RONALDO SEARCH


Saturday, April 11, 2009

RONALDO: I still get the hairdryer treatment

RONALDO: I still get the hairdryer treatment

CRISTIANO Ronaldo has revealed that he still feels the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson, despite the manager's claims that he has mellowed.

The Manchester United winger believes Ferguson is as capable of giving his players the famous 'hairdryer treatment' as ever.

And Ronaldo insists he was not spared by Ferguson despite being the Premiership's best player in the season that United reclaimed the title.

'Alex Ferguson shakes me up and screams at me now and again,' he told The Sun.

'He is like my mother or my father. He sets my limits and my aims.

'People say he is less explosive than before but he can still get angry.

'He has often shouted at me during half-time, but always to make progress. He is fair.'

Ronaldo also believes Manchester United's recent success demonstrates that the critics were wrong to doubt Ferguson.

'Everybody said he was past it, that the team could not win the Premiership,' he explained.

'But, as he predicted, the team gained in maturity, consistency and balance.

'All the players scored this year and Ferguson knew that was going to happen. He has always been in control.'

Ferguson has laughed off his 'hairdryer' tag and says he has mellowed with age.

The Manchester United boss is both feared and renowned for the reported ferocity of some of his dressing-room team talks.

But the Scot himself says his reputation is a bit of an urban myth, as is one claim that he even used to practice shouting.

In an exclusive interview with Manchester radio station Key 103, being aired this week, he said: 'The problem with being successful in my career is that you have to deal with a lot of myths. I think it was Mark Hughes that started that one, maybe on one occasion when I'd given him a real volley.

'I think the Saturday at the end of the game, if you've not won or not played well, you have to get the message across because winning is important to our club.

'The preparation we give the player every week - we don't ever just criticise in training, everything is positive - and so on a Saturday we expect a result.

'All the work we've put in as coaches, the preparation, the time we've spent going through video analysis and all the physical preparation, the medical care they receive, we expect a result. So I believe in telling them after the game.

'I'm not interested in this 'wait until Monday'.

' I remember when I was younger another manager said to me, 'Wait until Monday, Alex'.

'I said, 'I've no time for Monday', I'm on to another day, I'm thinking about the next match.' - PA Sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CRISTIANO RONALDO

MY FAVORITE BLOGS